Crime Risk Assessment for CPTED: Tools and Policy Applications
Cho, Youngjin Associate Research Fellow Cho, Sangkyu Research Fellow Kim, Seungnam Associate Research Fellow
- Hit 9352
CPTED(Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design), which aims to create a safe environment based on environmental criminology, has been actively introduced in Korea through the revision and enactment of related laws since the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport provided the secure design guideline in 1992.
It is important to conduct crime risk assessment in terms of crime inducing factors and crime hotspots, as CPTED strategies are to minimize potential crime risk factors in certain area. Even though a considerable numbers of CPTED systems provided by central and local governments have promoted crime risk assessment, there is a lack of consideration in different characteristic of regions, projects and stakeholder’s condition.
The purpose of this research is to classify measurement tool through analysis of case studies and standardize crime risk assessment tools for increasing the effectiveness of CPTED-related projects. Also, this research suggests a crime risk assessment model easily applied in the practices and improvement of CPTED system for the central and local governments.
APA Cho, Youngjin, Cho, Sangkyu, Kim, Seungnam. (2015). Crime Risk Assessment for CPTED: Tools and Policy Applications. Architecture & Urban Research Institute. MLA Cho, Youngjin, Cho, Sangkyu, Kim, Seungnam. Crime Risk Assessment for CPTED: Tools and Policy Applications.Architecture & Urban Research Institute. 2015 Chicago Cho, Youngjin, Cho, Sangkyu, Kim, Seungnam. 2015. Crime Risk Assessment for CPTED: Tools and Policy Applications. Architecture & Urban Research Institute.
Cho - other reports
- A Study to Develop Building Production Indices for Data-Driven Policy Research Paper 2023.12.31 Hit 28
- A Study of Developing a Big-Data-Based Building Fire and Flood Risk Analysis Model Research Paper 2023.12.31 Hit 84
- Untact Urbanism Strategies in Response to Social Change on Post-Corona Era Research Paper 2021.12.31 Hit 906
- An Institutional Study for Systematization of Building Life Cycle Management Research Paper 2019.12.31 Hit 1704
- A Study on the Effectiveness of CPTED Facilities and Techniques Research Paper 2019.12.31 Hit 11038
- The Performance and Development Strategy of the Green Building Master Plan in Korea Research Paper 2018.03.31 Hit 10962
- Suggestions for Improvement of Laws and Regulations regarding Building Maintenance and Deconstruction Research Paper 2017.09.29 Hit 11412
- Study on Crime Prevention Design Performance for Built Environment - Focusing on Development of Crime Prevention Evaluation Criteria for a Flat or Multiple Dwelling House - Research Paper 2016.10.31 Hit 9431
- A Study on Amendment of ｢Building Act｣ and Subordinate Legislation for CPTED Research Paper 2016.08.31 Hit 9332
- The 2014 Ministry of Justice CPTED Projects: Status and Monitoring Report Research Paper 2015.12.01 Hit 9355
- A Study on the Development of the CPTED (Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design) Manual Research Paper 2014.09.03 Hit 9362