Home > Research Activities > Major Research Projects > Hanok Project
To conduct research and provide support for Hanok policies and for its industrialization
The project for the research and support for Hanok policies and for its industrialization is aimed to grow the future value of Hanok, a unique cultural asset and a green housing environment, by providing support for the following measures and activities: Hanok supply, its industrialization, Hanok conservation, nurturing of Hanok culture, research on Hanok distribution and on the industrial trends, and development of the contents for Hanok education and promotion.
The focus was put on the setting up of policy directions towards Hanok revitalization in 2011 with that placed on the establishment of basic statistics on Hanok in 2012. The focus of the project in 2013 is put on the establishment of measures to support a variety of accreditation systems including Hanok-related education and qualification, as well as Hanok certifications.
Main Project Contents
- To conduct studies on measures for Hanok-related education and qualification
- To conduct studies to develop a new Hanok model ( water space? remodelling)
- To conduct studies on measures to introduce accreditation systems for Hanok
- To conduct studies to explore the humanistic value of Hanok (Hanok and a view of the world)
- To conduct studies on the entire units of existing Hanok and list them up
- To conduct studies on current status and trends in the industry of Hanok architectures
- To host the Hanok Forum on a quarterly basis
- To operate the national Hanok Portal
- To publish the Hanok Policy Brief as well as publications in book form
- To develop contents for Hanok promotion