Objectives and Functions
Home > About Auri > Objectives and Functions
AURI is the first national research institute in architecture and urban research established by the President to revive the value of architectural and urban spaces as a physical foundation that improves quality of life, builds cultural pride and contributes to the betterment of our international image and competitiveness.
Support the construction of future-oriented architecture and urban-spatial systems
Promote sustainable growth and sustainable urban architecture
Serve as a think-tank for the propagation of architecture and urban culture
AURI provides the intellectual foundation for architectural and urban space policies set up by central and local governments by defining the social agenda for top quality architectural and urban spaces. It discovers feasible architectural and urban space projects and alternative policies, and proposes institutional devices and concrete operation plans for their implementation. Furthermore, as the leader of architectural and urban space research, it searches for innovative alternative solutions to maximize the creative abilities of participants and systematically accumulates and propagates related information and knowledge.
- Develops policies for public-oriented architecture and urban environment
- Conducts studies to strengthen quality of architectural design
- Establishes policies and support for urban projects of both national and local governments
- Enhances industrial competitiveness in the field of architecture and urban space
- Establishes networks and educates experts about public projects
- Builds and operates database for architecture and urban culture